Montessori Teacher/Pre-School Room Leader
- Completion of a recognised Level 3 Childcare qualification, e.g. Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce, NVQ Level 3 in Children’s Care, Learning and Development.
- Montessori Early Childhood teaching Diploma.
- First Aid training is desirable.
Purpose of role
- To be responsible for the planning and delivery of an inclusive Montessori curriculum suitable to meet the children’s individual needs.
- Detailed knowledge of the Montessori approach is essential.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the EYFS is essential.
- Knowledge of Ofsted guidelines and Welfare requirements is essential.
- A detailed understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection is essential.
- Knowledge of the key person systems and record keeping is essential.
- Ability to build positive relationships with children and their parents.
- Ability to communicate and work in partnership with families and carers.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration qualities.
- Good written and verbal skills for report writing, maintaining child records and providing feedback to parents/carers and colleagues
To be responsible for the daily management of the allocated room by implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage and Montessori philosophies, values and policies. Formulate and operate a programme of Montessori activities suitable to the age range of children in the allocated room. Work with parents/carers of all children to achieve full integration in the setting. Foresee the needs of all children and give physical, emotional, intellectual guidance as appropriate.
Lead and support a small team of Nursery Practitioners and encourage engagement. Maintain good communication skills within the team and ensure practice is reviewed on a regular basis. To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring that all staff and volunteers observe setting policies and procedures to keep children safe from harm.
This role is strictly subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS and references obtained prior to commencement of employment.